Alyssa and me being ourselves in Madrid
The trees were flat against the wall -- so we tried tooLast week was relatively uneventful, other than the obvious. Classes as usual, espressos as La Colonial, playing with the youngsters, looking in all the stores between the Aquaduct and Plaza Mayor, getting our weekly Thursday candy from the candy store because we only eat chicken and fruit here, and lots of Phase 10 and P&A. This weekend was essentially our first weekend here, other than the first three days we were here and were too busy running around being in Europe to truly experience the weekend life in Segovia. Friday night we all went out to a discoteca: Toys. I got a dance lesson which is always surprisingly unhelpful with my lack of dance skills. The boys were excited that they could speak English so it was an odd conversation of them speaking in English and us replying in Spanish and so on. Saturday I hung out with my little brothers and then a few of us girls went boot shopping. That lasted for about ten minutes when we then decided to head to New Segovia for the evening. It's a long 45minute walk uphill the whole way! We walked past the hotel which mine and Ashley's 'grandparents' apparently own! (We hear that from the town gossip, not from our own families.) We had some good ole pizza for supper and then went to the movie Revolutionary Road...in Spanish. Other than the fact that I'm sure I missed out on a lot of important details, I didn't think the movie was good at all. It was a good experience though. We found some much cheaper boot stores along the way so we'll be doing some boot shopping today or tomorrow...BECAUSE it keeps snowing here!!! I don't know what that's all about, but I woke up this morning and it was snowing again. That's close to the 5th time it's done that since we've been here, which is a little ridiculous seeing as how it's very rare. I always knew I brought bad weather with me, but seriously. I only have three classes within the next week because we don't have school on Wednesday and we head to Barcelona early Friday morning until Monday night. I'm really excited because I hear it's a pretty amazing city. It's right on the water which will be gorgeous. It's still too cold to enjoy it, but the views will be great! We were hoping for a picnic in the mountains on Wednesday but seeing as how it's cold and wont stop snowing, we'll see if that actually happens. Other than those events, we all seem to be settling nicely into life here in Segovia!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteno more snooooow!!! kendra, that's ridiculo!!
ReplyDelete(Ps, i accidently posted under my mama's name, that's why it says laurel deleted a comment. i wanted to post under myself.)
HEY! I like the candy part. But the snow? Blech. And, I am curious as to how my daughter is incognito under my name (see above posting)--hmmmmm.... sometimes I think she THINKS she's me... Keep having FUN, FUN, FUN! Hugs and love, Laurel (not Hannah!!!!
ReplyDelete