Hola a todos! We made it to Spain last Friday and brought the snow with us! It's the first time that it's snowed in 10 years and they even had to shut down the airport. Fortunately, all but three of us made it to Madrid before the delays started. After waiting nearly two hours for our director, Gladys, to come and take us to Segovia, we finally loaded up our things and headed out. The traffic was horrible because no one here knows how to drive in the snow. It was on the news the entire time that night, and they interviewed about 3 dozen drivers. It took many 2 hours to move 4km. Ridiculous! So, of course, it's really cold here for the moment, but the sun did decide to rejoin us yesterday which was very much appreciated. The group has spent a lot of time together thus far, but today was the first day of no more english. My mind has already easily switched over to spanish. I am grateful for that because the first night here I thought that there was no way that I would be able to survive for the next four months. They drink a lot of espresso here which is good because jetlag has really done me in thus far. I was fine until I didn't wake up until 3pm on Sunday! Goodbye to that day! So, of course, I couldn't fall asleep until 4am this morning to get up by 7 45am for class! All is well because Spain has siesta which is pretty much a big nap time for everyone. Ashely, Adam and I spent all evening yesterday playing hackysack with random people on the street and made plans to go again this afternoon. I live literally 40yards away from the aquaduct in an amazing apartment. My own room, my own bathroom, y I live con two little brothers that are GREAT! A 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. They're so cute and they love me already, so it's been amazing. Hope all of you are well on your adventures or starting your first day of class soon! Buena suerte!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment