This week of class was pretty mellow and back to our normal full five days which I feel like we haven't had in a while. But, fortunately that's not going to last long because we ave a trip to Andalucia coming up soon! This Saturday we are headed to Salamanca for the day. We were considering staying there for the night because it has really good night life because it's a mostly student towwn, but it's my friend Tito's birthday that day, so it all depends on what he would like to do!! But we'll probably come back.
My friend Dave and I took a walk around Segovia yesterday and it finally felt like I was living in a real city! Where I'm at now and where we usually walk around does not have traffic so it's not so much a street as it is a giant sidewalk. We decided to follow the Aqueduct until the end, which didn't take too long but it was a lot of fun to see how small it got! We kept on trucking and found out there's an old run-down arena for bull fights. We also walked down a 'busy' highway that had a gas station on the side of it and everything! It was great! We walked through most of the resdential area, trying to make it closer to the mountains, but since the whole city has a wall around it we couldn't ever get a good picture opportunity. We came across a big supermarket...one that even sells peanutbutter! but that costs nearly $5 for a tiny jar...so we got some snacks. We headed back to the coffee shop and tried to work on some homework which we failed at horribly!! It's really too bad I have a grammar test coming up next week! Otherwise, things have really gotten mellow here but it's kind of nice. I've noticed my spanish improving a little and have been able to talk a lot more with my parents and our housekeeper. Still loving it in Segovia!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

a wall around the whole city? what are you, captive!??!
ReplyDeletei bet your spanish is AWESOME.